Thursday, May 11, 2017

Week 2

We have been working on responding to what we have read (as well as developing a better understanding of what our learning focus is and how we know we've achieved this).

Here are some of Sarah's thoughts about a text called "The Rules".


Reading:
WALT: Create a personal response to the text and share
I CAN..
  • Say what I liked or didn’t like about the story.
  • Say what I liked or didn’t like about characters.
  • Connect to the story, share a similar experience.

Where can the success criteria be found in my work? Remember to highlight where this information is found.
What I liked about the story is that the boy Matiora was playing violin, which he enjoyed. He did this for tickets for his mum to go to her favourite band. Matiora made Lots of money from people who liked his music and supported him.

What I didn’t like about the story was when Sefa dropped his violin in the lake so then Matiora got in trouble.
But then the mum’s brother told her about the tickets so then she calmed down.

What I didn’t like about Sefa was when he took Matiora’s violin and never gave it back so when Matiora bumped him Sefa dropped his violin on purpose in the lake. Also because Sefa was being mean and snatching things that weren’t his property.

I can connect to this because I had a scooter and then my brother came and broke it because he broke his own and he was jealous because my one wasn’t broken.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really liking your work Sarah specially when you highlighting the words

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,I'm Joei from Awahono School, I enjoyed your story about a kid and his violin. What made you think of making this wonderful story? I hope you will be able to look at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really liking your work Sarah specially when you highlighting the words WELL DONE KEEP IT UP SARAH WELL DONE

    ReplyDelete